Chase away the pulls in the body, withdraw from negative emotions, calm the mind, and lower the heart rate. These yoga postures to do in bed to fall asleep quickly will do you the greatest good. Twist to release tension in the back, inversion posture to stimulate blood circulation and relieve heavy legs at the end of the day, open heart posture to welcome and balance positive and negative emotions before going to sleep. These yoga postures to effectively improve the quality of our sleep, let’s go!
How to achieve the posture of the candle?
- Lie on your back on your bed.
- By placing your hands in the lower back of your back, come up gradually, legs stretched towards the ceiling, hips, without lifting your shoulders and head.
- Try to go as far as possible vertically, while maintaining a good balance and a good alignment of the legs, hips.
- Do not hesitate to help yourself with your arms, with your hands resting on the lower back, and breathe deeply in this posture.
Good to know: you can also perform this posture leaning against a wall. Legs stretched along the wall, and hips glued to the wall, back flat on the ground, you can relieve heavy legs at the end of the day, and release all the tensions stored in the body.
12-week Yoga Burn Challenge
Yoga program that helps women lose weight and get in shape in just 12 weeks? Yoga Burn is a program that uses yoga to help women achieve their fitness goals in a fun way. There is no need to join a gym with this program because it is designed to be done at home. I love the fact that this program is so easy to follow and I can do it with my busy schedule. I’m so glad I found yoga burn.
To continue this posture, after a few minutes in the candle, we can perform the plow posture. To do this, all you need to do is bend your legs, then tilt your knees towards your head. Take a few deep breaths, breaths in this posture.
The benefits of the posture of the candle: this posture is great for making it easier to fall asleep at bedtime. It helps to fluidity the circulation (literally and figuratively) of blood, emotions and energies. “The negative turns into the positive and relaxation and well-being are accentuated. And it is for this reason that inversions are often practiced at the end of the course before the final posture”
How to achieve the butterfly posture?
- Lie on your back, on your bed for example.
- Bend your legs and bring your soles together.
- Let your knees drop to each outside side.
- Slightly open your arms on either side of the bust, palms facing the ceiling.
- Close your eyes, and take full advantage of this moment of relaxation.
Good to know: you can also achieve this posture while sitting. The soles of the feet are against each other, the knees are open, and the back is straight. We then stretch the bust to the maximum, while growing, as if a thread would laugh at the top of the head.
The tip: for more comfort, you can add a cushion along the spine, or support the knees by sliding under cushions or yoga blocks.
The benefits of the butterfly posture: also called the posture of the goddess of sleep, the posture of the lying butterfly, offers a deep relaxation of the body and the mind. It opens the chest, hips and pelvis, to release tension.
How to succeed the posture of the elongated twist?
- Lie on your back on your bed.
- Bend the knees, bring them together and bring them back above the stomach. Your legs form a right angle.
- Come and put your knees still together, on the right side, making sure to keep your shoulders glued to the ground.
- Your arms are in a cross, on either side of your bust, palms of hands facing the ceiling.
- Turn your head to the left, then take several breaths in this relaxation pose (ideally for several minutes).
- Bring your knees above your stomach, then your feet to the ground, and do the same by changing sides (knees to the left, head to the right).
The benefits of the elongated twist: this elongated twist posture is very effective in loosening any knots associated with tensions in the back. It relieves the muscles of the upper back and stretches the spine. Finish with a posture lying on the back, arms alongside the body allows you to welcome the sensations in the body after the twists.
How to perform the cobra pose?
- Lie on your stomach, and rest your forehead on the mattress or on your mat.
- Spread your legs slightly, about to drop her from the hips.
- With your hands resting on the ground or on the mattress, at shoulder level, elbows bent, gently lift off your upper body, pushing on your arms and pelvis.
- Be careful not to raise the bust too high, so as not to damage the lower back.
- With your bust raised, take several deep breaths in your stomach, then go back down, controlling your bust on the ground.
The benefits of the cobra posture: this yoga posture is strongly indicated at the end of the day, since it allows to open the heart, and to release the emotions, to find a balance. Indispensable before a good night’s sleep!
How to achieve the child’s posture?
- On your mattress, or on your mat, sit on your knees, buttocks on the heels.
- Open and spread your knees slightly, about hip-width apart.
- Bring your bust forward, to drop your forehead on the ground, and your chest towards the knees.
- Once you feel comfortable in this posture (do not hesitate to round your back if necessary), come and lay your arms along the legs, turning the palms of the hands towards the ceiling.
- Take deep breaths in this relaxed posture, and feel the air circulating.
The extra tip: if your heels don’t touch your buttocks, don’t panic, you can slip a small cushion or a rolled up blanket under your buttocks to support them. If you are in pain, you have not yet found the comfortable posture that is right for you!
If you want to go further to work on the stretching more, you can open your knees a little more: the thumbs of the feet stick together, and we move the bust between the legs to feel the stretch.
The benefits of the child’s posture: the child’s posture has never been so aptly named as when it is practiced before falling asleep. This posture can indeed help sleep “like a baby “, since it helps to refocus on oneself, to let go, and to evacuate all the tensions which could come to lodge in the lower back, the shoulders or the neck.
Sleep well: 5 tips to improve the quality of your sleep
regularly (ideally daily!) Practicing these relaxation postures is a good way to calm down before bed. You can also learn about yoga nidra, which will offer deep relaxation at the end of the day.
Routine is precious, since it allows you to have benchmarks, it brings security and comfort. At the end of the day or in the evening, we can therefore set up small rituals that do us well: drink an herbal tea with soothing plants, take a hot bath, keep a small gratitude notebook, and listen to soft music that soothes us, practice mindfulness meditation. In short, we do ourselves good, but far from the screens!
- We eat light, to avoid weighing down digestion before bedtime, and we avoid alcoholic drinks and stimulants such as coffee.
- As much as possible, we try to keep a rhythm for bedtime and waking hours. While sleeping in every now and then is nice, you can mess up your body clock, so it’s best to keep the same hours, weekdays and weekends.
- Do not forget to practice regular physical activity, to work out and clear your head! And yes, the quality of our sleep also depends on our day.
P.S. Ceracare- Powerful Blood Sugar Support
Ceracare is 100% natural, safe and effective. Thousands of people enjoy taking Ceracare every day and we have not received one complaint about side effects. Every capsule is manufactured here in the USA in a state-of-the-art FDA registered and GMP (good manufacturing practices) certified facility. Ceracare contains a concentrated formula of powerful natural blood sugar support in your body. Ceracare is a natural supplement containing powerful antioxidants that help support detoxify your body and support blood sugar. Ceracare gathers the freshest and highest quality natural ingredients available. Just take 1 capsule every day with your evening meal with a half glass of water and you will love the results you will see and how you will feel.