The principle: we eliminate sugars and starches but not the (good) fat. To melt, discover the menus and recipes of Olivia Charlet, micro-nutritionist expert in ketogenic diet.
Going ketogenic is really changing the way you eat! In fact, the food distribution on the plate is very different from the usual recommendations: 70 to 80% fat instead of 35%, 15 to 20% protein instead of 15%, and 5 to 10% carbohydrate instead of 50%. We immediately see that the sugars take a hit! Explanation from Olivia Charlet, micro-nutritionist *: “The idea is to limit the rise in insulin levels and to keep this hormone low, a hormone whose secretion is stimulated by the consumption of refined sugars and starches and which in excess, causes the storage of these fuels as fat and prevents them from being burned.
To compensate for the low intake of carbohydrates, the body produces more ketone bodies, molecules that are produced in small quantities during the night and especially in the morning when waking up as long as we have not eaten (and when we fast for a few days), which will serve as the main fuel to manufacture the energy our body needs “. To put it simply: this type of diet mimics a fast while eating and provides all of its health benefits. And to manufacture them, he will draw on the fats at his disposal, those from meals and those which are in reserve. Hence a massive destocking effect. In addition, this diet being very satietogenic, we no longer have cravings and naturally we will eat less but above all better (more fiber, omega-3, vitamins and minerals).
Custom Keto Diet Meal Plan
The keto diet plan helps individuals reach their weight loss goals by following a low carb, high fat diet. This plan will help you shed excess fat, improve your health, and help you control your appetite. And you know the best part? You can enjoy delicious, satisfying meals that are easy to prepare!
Keto diet: what do we eat?
Olivia Charlet’s menus incorporate various sources of fatty acids including omega-3s (cardiovascular protection, regulators of inflammatory processes) but also omega-9s rich in polyphenols and TCM-rich oils (medium chain triglycerides) which boost the production of ketone bodies in particular. So yes to sardines, mackerel, avocados, olives, rapeseed oils, hemp, camelina, and to the famous organic coconut oil, one of the keystones of this eating style. Little meat and poultry. We put on eggs and organic tofu (vegetable protein rich in polyphenols). The focus is on greenery: cabbage, zucchini, leeks, endives, Swiss chard, seaweed … But drastic reduction of legumes (especially chickpeas), starches (potatoes, pumpkin, sweet potato …) and cereals (rice, wheat , buckwheat …) because otherwise we no longer produce these ketone bodies! We enrich our plate with seeds (flax, chia, hemp) rich in omega 3 and fibers and we discover vegan cheeses (the “false mages”) made from nuts (cashew, macadamia). And goodbye baguette, we feast on homemade keto bread.
Ketogenic diet: ready for a change?
On the dessert side, we revisit its recipes. Exit white sugar, honey, agave syrup … For baking, we prefer creams and vegetable juices (because lactose-free), raw cocoa, peanut butter, oilseeds (nuts, almonds, and chia), avocado … And bye almost all fruits, except the least sweet: berries mainly. Excluding and especially anti-sugars, the ketogenic is a really different diet. Let’s be clear, if it melts, its main objective is to put in place a new way of eating over time.
Research was done to determine the effects of ketosis on an obese person, the advantages of ketosis in sportspersons, the benefits of ketosis for obese and diabetic patients, etc. All the research proves that ketosis is very beneficial as it ensures fast and sure weight loss and provides energy. This is because when the carbohydrate is stored as fat, the person gains weight, and also there are chances of developing diabetes. But, when the fat is burnt due to ketosis in the cells, energy is released. So, there is no chance of tiredness with ketosis. In a research paper published in NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), a study was conducted on 83 obese persons (44 women and 39 men) who had a BMI of more than 35 kg/m2 and had high blood sugar and cholesterol levels. – Source
To make it easier to follow thecompose your menus yourself by drawing from Olivia Charlet’s meal ideas. But differ the compositions as long as possible so that benefit from all the nutrients, the good fatty acids in individual.
7 ketogenic breakfasts of your choice
- Ginger-lemon herbal tea + 1 tbsp. to c. coconut oil or TCM oil, cream or powder. 1 to 2 boiled eggs. 1 avocado. 1 plain soy or coconut yogurt + 2 pinches of extra strong cinnamon + 1 tsp. to s. of ground flax seeds.
- Mate. Chia pudding with almond milk: 2 tbsp. to c. 100% raw cocoa, 2 tbsp. to tsp of TCM oil or cream, 1 tsp. to s. vanilla rice protein, 1/2 tsp. to c. maca, 2 to 3 tbsp. to s. of chia seeds, 30 to 50cl of almond milk depending on the desired consistency. Lead up to elevate for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
- Rosemary tea. Leaky omelet (2 eggs) + 2 to 4 tbsp. to c. coconut oil for cooking. 1 avocado. 1 slice of parma ham or 6 macadamia nuts.
- Green tea + 2 tbsp. to c. of oil, cream or TCM powder. Chia pudding with coconut milk: ½ tsp. to c. cinnamon, 1 tbsp. to s. almond flour, 1 tsp. to s., pea protein, 2 tbsp. to c. vanilla oil or TCM cream, 3 tbsp. to s. of chia seeds, 30 to 50cl of coconut milk. Give up to elevate for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
- Thyme-lemon tea. 2 ketogenic waffles + avocado-cocoa cream.
- Chicory + 2 tbsp. to c. of oil or cream or TCM powder. 1 Keto bun + 2 Tbsp. to c. hazelnut puree without sugar.
- Fat drink: matcha green tea or raw cocoa with 2 tbsp. to c. of TCM oil, cream or powder + a dash of almond or coconut milk.
7 lunches of your choice
- Grated black radish with camelina oil (1 to 2 tbsp.) And apple cider vinegar. 1 confit of duck leg. Cauliflower “rice”. Chocolate drink with 2 tbsp. to c. of TCM oil or powder or cream.
- Organic chicken fillet or thigh; Leek fondue in coconut oil (1 tbsp). Green tea + 2 squares of 100% dark chocolate or 5 macadamia nuts.
- Mixed salad: 2 to 3 beautiful endives, 3 walnuts, 1 tbsp. to s. pine nuts, 1 avocado,6 black olives and 3 slices of raw ham + rapeseed oil (1 to 2 tbsp) and cider or umeboshi vinegar. 1 keto bun + 1 tbsp. to s. of seaweed tartare (in an organic store). 1 plain soy yogurt + pinches of extra strong cinnamon. 1 rosemary tea.
- 3 to 4 sardines. Corn salad, arugula, sprouted seeds of your choice, 1 tbsp. to s. ground flax seeds, 3 nuts, 1 to 2 tbsp. to s. of camelina oil and apple cider vinegar. 2 squares of 100% dark chocolate.
- 4 sardine or mackerel fillets. Zucchini spaghetti with tomato. Avocado / chocolate mousse.
- 2 poached eggs. Steamed broccoli with coconut milk and sesame puree. Chocolate drink with 2 tbsp. to c. of TCM oil or powder or cream.
- Keto-seed pizza. Lamb’s lettuce or arugula + 1 to 2 tbsp. to s. rapeseed oil. Plain coconut yogurt + 10 raspberries
7 ketogenic dinners of your choice
- Cracker bread + avocado pesto (for 4 people: mix 1 ripe avocado, the juice of half a lemon, 1 tbsp of sesame cream), ½ to 1 tsp of unpasteurized rice miso , 1 C. to c. of sacha inchi oil) or crudités sticks (celery, radish, cucumber, endive). Leek soup (4 leeks, 1 small turnip, 5 cloves, 1 pinch of salt). 1 soy yogurt and cinnamon. 3 to 4 squares of 100% dark chocolate.
- Black olive and avocado tapenade + vegetable sticks + 1 bun or 1 keto waffle. Kale, leek and miso soup. 3 walnuts.
- 1 keto bun + 3 tbsp. to s. of guacamole. Arugula and sprouted seeds salad + 1 to 2 tbsp. to s. camelina oil. Konjac pasta + tomato / mushroom sauce + 100 to 150g smoked tofu.
- Lacto-fermented vegetables (100g) + 10 olives + 1 to 2 tbsp. to c. of camelina oil. 1 keto bun + Macadamia nut mage (3 tbsp). Cauliflower and coconut puree.
- Cauliflower soup. Spinach (150g) + 2 tbsp. to c. coconut oil. Dessert of silky tofu and chocolate (mix 200g of tofu with 3 tsp of cocoa without sugar + 4 tsp of hazelnut puree).
- 1 avocado + 1 keto bread. Steamed broccoli or endives drizzled with olive oil. 100 to 150 gr of tofu with olives (in organic stores). Coconut milk yogurt + pinches of extra strong cinnamon.
- Vegetable soup (without potato or pumpkin). Steamed green beans drizzled with olive oil +100 to 150g tofu. Avocado / chocolate mousse.
Keto Desserts cookbook Program
Keto Dessert is a deliciously comprehensive digital cookbook that lets you eat your favorite treats without risking your health and fitness. All recipes eliminate fructose from candy to whipped cream, cupcakes, and brownies to provide Keto friendly options to your favorite treats. Your body naturally breaks down glucose to use it for energy. To get supplementary benefit about the right use of fructose and how to maintain it on your body that workout easily.